Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving road trip ~Jersey to North Carolina

Today we drove 12 hours (11.5 to be exact) to visit my mother-in-law in Wilmington, NC.  We were stuck in brutal traffic in Virginia for about two hours...I passed the heck out. But prior to that, in the first three hours of the trip I found myself excited to be on the road (you know, before it's to the point where your butt feels like it's been sitting on cement blocks all day and you're 95% miserable because of it). When we first started the drive, I assumed the position of DJ and stared out the window (my favorite!) getting lost in my memories that are associated/tied to the songs I was hearing. I think that's one of the most rewarding and amazing things about having memories: they give you another place to go back to, whenever you want. That's what I do during road trips...during most things, really. 
If you care to take a listen and maybe discover a new band and album today, here are the artists and albums I played during the first 3+ hours:

The Honorary Title - some EPs, Anything Else But The Truth, Scream and Light Up the Sky
Passion Pit - Manners
The Shins - Oh, Inverted World
Temper Trap - Conditions
Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out of This Country
The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin & Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Jimi Hendrix - Greatest Hits type album

Okay, seriously, if you've never heard of The Honorary Title, buy their stuff. They have a number of EPs and two albums. Unfortunately they're no longer together; however, they're in my top whatever-number of favorite listens ever! Youtube has a decent amount of videos for their songs, but here are two of my favorites: "Everything I Once Had"and "Far More", which is a song I am beyond addicted to (this video is lame though - the lyrics aren't entirely correct - so just listen). 

Road trippin' outfit: (this blouse is such a staple in my wardrobe)

Blouse: ModCloth// Corduroy skirt: American Apparel
Lace-trim jacket in rose grey: Banana Republic (reg. price $150, got it for $70 - steal!)
Closeup of the beautiful colors: cream, teal & mustard. Peter pan collar + those sleeves = <3
Oxfords: Ruche// Teal tights: Target 

Well, the Eulo family, minus my sister-in-law Vanessa, will be together for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I am SUPER excited for the food coma...bring on the itis!!
I wish all my friends and family a very Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you're all surrounded by love and smiling faces. 

Love & bear hugs,
Roni

4 comments:

  1. OMG I love, LOVE the Shins and I love that you do too. Did you already like Broken Bells or did I show you who they were? Any-who, Wincing the Night Away is my fav album that they have done. For sure. Check it out. Love yah and have fun. Be safe on the ride back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you don't remember telling me about Broken Bells?! That was like 2 yrs ago and they're one of my all time fave bands! We listen to their first album more than anything! Just listened to it every day last week again. lol
    And I love love love The Shins -- they're amazing driving and thinking music.
    Happy Turkey day sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tights that color too (teal). And I wish I could wear little skirts like your ivory one. So cute! My butt is too big for that though. You wore it so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Khalilah! Lol and yeah my butt has...gone down in size in the last two years. I used to have some junk in the trunk (if you'll believe it), but when I started running my butt literally shrank! Mikey says quite often, "man I remember when you had a fat ass" LOL!! He says that my butt was bigger than his whole body. He's also petite though, so it wasn't hard to compete. But yeah, that skirt is pretty short. I kept holding it down that because it was SOOOO windy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...