*In no particular order, because I'm random like that. Oh, you can go ahead and file this in the "About Me" category too.*
2) Collars! I can't get enough of a dress, blouse, jacket with a pretty collar. Peter pan collars are my #1 favorite.
|I love this lacy bib-like collar: ModCloth 2010|
3) Hearts! Prints, tattoos, drawings, stickers...I heart hearts on everything.
|Trollied Dolly hearts dress: Ruche|
4) Bows! Bows in my hair, on my clothes, bow ties...I have like 6 pairs of shoes with bows on them. (Look at the size of this bow, front and center of my dress!)
|Yellow tweed dress: Anthropologie 2010|
5) Any movies or shows set to appear in the 1950's or 60's era. Sure the story lines are usually great, but I'm strictly glued to the screen for those lovely dresses and the awesome music. Mad Men is a weakness of mine.
|Mikey & I looking Mad Men-esque at a wedding. 2010|
6) Polka dots! But I think all girls are addicted to polka dots.
|Pink & polka dot 2fer dress: ModCloth 2010|
7) Red hair! I read an article several months ago (when I had my bright red hair) where all these actresses were interviewed about what their natural hair color was and why they dye it so frequently. Many of them were natural blonds that have been dying their hair brown or black for many years. Their reasons for the hue swap were different, but a lot of them said they just felt that people took them more seriously as a brunette, or they simply felt mother nature issued them the wrong hair color at birth, so they just pay a little money every 6 weeks to dye it accordingly. I started dying my hair red in January and I gradually went redder and redder before going completely fire engine red. The way I felt with that color and the way people responded to it made me feel like I should have been born a red head. I just felt so much more like my sassy, feisty self with it. I've been a brunette again for about four months, and I'm so bored now that I've felt such a revival after having gone red!
|See, I went from red to really red! Both outfits from ModCloth|
8) Vintage! What I love most about vintage stores as opposed to thrift stores (I do enjoy thrifting when I have the time; I've been doing it since I was bout 6 years old) is that someone has already gone out and picked the gems for you! You just get to sift through treasure, rather than in some cases, junk. Most vintage shops are owned by someone who actually works there on a daily basis and goes out in search of the best of the best vintage products. People like Johnny at Speakeasy Vintage in Montclair, take the extra steps to have the pieces they find washed, dry-cleaned, and fixed up by a seamstress if there are small imperfections. I was really impressed by his commitment to selling damn near perfect vintage!
|50's vintage tennis dress: The Attic, Las Vegas|
9) Lace! There is just a timeless elegance in anything lace. So pretty.
|Lace 2fer dress: Ruche, also sold on MC|
10) Granny shoes! Also called oxfords, wingtips, saddle shoes...or even bowling shoes, if you're my brother. I'm very much obsessed with these and no, owning many pairs never gets old.
11) Girls with tattoos! Love them. I'm pretty much drawn to conversation anytime I meet a pretty girl with colorful tattoos. I feel like we're all part of our own [cool] little club. *hold still for my Tatted Beauties post I'm going to do in the near future*
12) Retro/vintage-inspired swimsuits!
|Swimsuits: Esther Williams via ModCloth|
13) SHOEZ in general! This should probably just fall into the category of shopping. :)
|Irregular Choice shoes, NYC|
This one day Mikey spoiled me!
Clearly there is more to me than just shopping and worrying about pretty clothes. I just wanted to do a little post like this for the new friends I'm making in the blog world who are also fashion addicts and have similar tastes. I know I personally love seeing blogger's outfit posts and their "things I love" posts, because it's likely I'm digging the same stuff, and it's also interesting to see how much you have in common with people who are otherwise just strangers to you.
Have a great rest of your day, friends!