Friday, April 13, 2012

A weekend apart

Mikey and his dad headed down to South Carolina early this morning, before I left for school. I was supposed to go with, but being that I missed a week of school when I went on my emergency trip to Texas, I can't miss anymore days. They're going to The Citadel for some ceremonial thing for my brother-in-law, Zach. Basically Zach is no longer a "noob" or something, so he and his classmates are getting recognized as having made it through the first year of hell...or something like that.  Either way, I've stayed behind and am actually going to Boston tomorrow with a couple girlfriends - road trip! Wee! I had two tattoo artists in Vegas, and one of them (who did my left sleeve) is tattooing in Boston for a week. I wanted to 1) see him and hang out for a few hours since he's also a good friend and 2) see if he can touch up my sleeve. I've found that most tattoo artists don't really like touching up someone else's work; they'd prefer it if you went back to the guy or gal who did it. Unfortunately, both my talented artists are on the west coast and I'm not sure when Mikey and I will head back to our old stomping grounds, so I felt it necessary to jump at this chance to possibly get an ink injection. He might not even be able to do it, again because he's here on business and has other clients, but we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed for me ;)
The pictures are a bit blurry as it was cold as fudge this morning when the sun was coming up, so Mikey's hands must've been jittery. His dad took this cute one before we said goodbye. 
Dress, shoes: Thrifted (I suspect them to be vintage though-I'm still in the process of looking up the tags) // Coat: ModCloth // Tights: Target

As for tonight, I'm headed to a Sweet Sixteen for a friend's daughter. I hope there's dancing. On the other hand, I can't have too much fun - I have to be up early! Please send safe-travel-vibes mine and Mikey's way. They're much appreciated.


Have a lovely weekend, my fashionable friends! <3

19 comments:

  1. "sending good vibes your way".

    Your new nickname is Peter Pan. Just saying. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet roni!!! And my heart skipped a bit when i saw your dress and your coat!! I love them both!!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Bloglovin'
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Francesca. I'm so in love with this dress. I'm happy I put my foot down and decided to wear it, rather than letting it linger in my closet for months at a time - like I normally do. :)

      Delete
  3. Good vibes headed your way! I hope you both have wonderful weekends. I also hope you get a chance to get your tattoo touched up, either way, Boston will be a blast and it will be good seeing him and hanging out with your girl friends :]

    That dress is beautiful! What an awesome thrift score. I also love the ModCloth coat. I have been debating for the past few days whether or not I should blow my birthday money on an MC shopping spree. Anywho, have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allison! Unfort' I didn't get to get my sleeve touched up, but Pete will be coming to Jersey in July. So, he'll be much closer and I'll actually schedule a sit down with him for that time.
      You birthday money would be awesome spent on MC oorrr you could get more bang for your buck at a thrift store, even ShopRuche.com would get you some dresses for 10 to 20 dollars cheaper than on MC. Just throwing that out there. Eee! I feel like such a MC traitor, but I'm just trying to help you out! haha

      Delete
  4. I love those shoes! How far is the drive to Boston? I think Chris'll be out your guy's way soon (he has a couple of shows somewhere or another). I won't be with him though because I want to save my vacay time for when the baby is born. How is school going btw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drive to Boston was a little over 4 hours on the way there, but under 4 on the way home. It wasn't too bad. And yay that we might possibly get to see Cj, but boo that you won't be with him. :( It's YOUR belly that I wanna rub, not Cj's! LOL But I totally understand.
      School? Sheesh, it's going. But dammit I'm ready for it to be o v e r ;D

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks great! What are you hoping to get touched up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jazz! I *was* hoping to get my entire left sleeve touched up, since Pete did it, but he's coming to Jersey (closer to me) in July, so I'm gonna set up an actual appointment then.
      P.s. You're gonna be near me this Thursday! YAY! I hope we can meet up!

      Delete
  6. lovely dress and it looks great with that coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the red dress! And I think we have the same car!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eloise and really? You also have a pepper white and black Mini?? That's awesome! I love this car. Isn't it just the best little thing ever?! I like how it's so accessory-friendly. Lol

      Delete
  8. Your posts always make me smile over your sheer cuteness! Loving the dress, tights, & that gorgeous girly houndstooth coat! Hope your road trip is wonderful & good luck with the tattoo touch-up :)

    <3 Shawna
    Serpentine Streets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez, thanks for the sweet words, Shawna! You're too sweet. ♥
      The trip was great, even though I didn't get the touch up. There was just no time. I might get lucky with it in July though, as Pete will be coming to Jersey which is way shorter of a drive than the one to Boston.

      Delete
  9. pretty jacket, I like it! now following :)

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award! :)

    <3 Shawna
    http://serpentinestreets.blogspot.ca/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks, girl! I shall check it out soon! Seriously, THANK YOU.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...