Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sweet 16 & Boston

Hey friends, I hope your weeks are tugging along smoothly. Mine has been okay, with the exception of having to come home early today because I was feeling feverish. Thank God nothing more came of it. I loathe being sick, which is quite the opposite of my yearning for a fever or strep throat when I was a kid. 
Speaking of youth, here are some pictures from my friend's daughter's Sweet 16 party this past Friday. (I just realized I didn't get any of the birthday girl. :/ In my defense, she was super busy all night long.)
Dress: Yesterday's Sweetheart//Cardi & belt: F21//Heels: Seychelles//Bag: Dooney & Bourke
The girl in the long dress next to me is my friend Jessie, the mother of the birthday girl. Other than her, the only other girl I know/am friend's with is Lissi on the far right. 
The venue was really beautiful, so I took lots of vanity-inspired pictures.
Thanks for the drive-safe-vibes over the weekend. Mikey and I made it home from our road trips unscathed. Unfortunately, I came home un-tattooed, too. (That was so not a word...or was it?) There just wasn't any time. But there's a good chance Pete is coming to a tattoo convention in Jersey in July, so, there might be hope for a sleeve touch up yet. Here are some Boston/girls day/road trip pics:
Dress, shoes: ModCloth//Cardi, tights: Target//Bag:Vintage//Hat: UO
1 & 2: Outside of a Subway in Connecticut//3 & 4: Davis Square, outside of Boston.
We enjoyed ourselves some draaanks.
1: Lissi & I at a sports bar//2: Pete & I//3: Ruby, Hope, Lissi & I at the tattoo shop//
4: Hope & I laughing at some club in Boston. 
A super cool thing happened while checking out the Buffalo Exchange in Davis Square: I met a blogger friend!! I was walking by the racks of clothes and we just stopped, stared at each other before she said, "Roni!", and I was like, "Omg, wait don't tell me, Leigh!" It only took two seconds for all my blog friends' names to start swirling around in my head and remember which story she belonged to. It was pretty much one of the craziest, awesomest things ever, and she was a total sweetheart. I seriously wish I could meet/live near all my blog friends - y'all are the coolest. 
Leigh of Lovely Leigh's Fashions & Finds
Sorry for the super long post and shi-ton of pictures. 
Have a happy Hump Day! <3

30 comments:

  1. Your closet seems like it would be the best place on earth. Seriously Lady! Look at your clothes!!!!! Babin!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! You are welcome to visit me in America and shop my closet anytime! Most all my girlfriends do when they visit me :)

      Delete
  2. I cant believe your friend Jessie as a 16 year old daughter. She looks so young. You look adorbs as always. I so want to rummage through your closet and by rummage I mean steal everything in it. :) PS us bloggers need to start our own community so we can all hang out and talk about dresses and drink wine and be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Jessie had her first daughter pretty young. They're about half each other's ages. So she gets to look like a hot MILF. haha Thank you, friend. Again, feel free to drive over here and steal away! I'd have so much fun with you I know it. Let's start planning a trip or something!
      We can so drink wine. Lots of it.

      Delete
  3. I love the outfits & the comic book inspired one! I think that's so rad you got to meet a blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl. And yeah dude, it was so wild and unexpected, but wayyy cool. I wanna experience that again.

      Delete
  4. All of you look fantastic, and your tattoos are so awesome! Sounds like you guys had a great day :)

    xo, Samantha
    sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, doll. And thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. Hello, you look great and you have tatoooes, mm :-)*

    http://streetfashionbielsko-biala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How crazy is that! I used to want to get sick too as a kid. I can't stand the thought of being sick now. You look great in both outfits but the second is my face! I love the colors and the hat is genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think all little kids are like that, so we can stay home with our moms and watch cartoons (or the soaps!) all day.
      Thanks, love, for the compliments. ♥

      Delete
  7. That was suppose to say fav not face ( damn auto-correct) lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see that this lucky girl had an amazing sweet 16 party!!! I rally loved your skirt!!!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! I'm in LOVE with the outfit in the first picture...and I also love your tattoos, they're beautiful!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! That's very sweet of you to say. :)

      Delete
  10. Cute photos! Love your yellow and pink dress!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Someday we will meet for sure! Glad you had a good trip tattoo-or-no-tattoo. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tori and I do hope we meet! We were so close that one time, ugh! :)

      Delete
  12. aw glad to hear you're feeling better :) and i looove your skirt, you look so vintagey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are feeling better too. It looks like the sweet 16 was super fancy! How fun. I wanted to buy that ModCloth dress so badly but waited too long.

    I also love your other dress, haha. It looks like you ladies had quite the outing. That is also so awesome that you bumped into a blogger friend. I still haven't met a blogger friend out in the real world :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Allison. I'm glad nothing more came of that awful fever-feeling.
      We definitely had a great outing. I can't even imagine how much fun it'd be to do a road trip with my favorite blogger buddies!! You'd surely be there. :)

      Delete
  14. 1. That dress. 2. Never been to Boston, but I heard it has wonderful parks! 3. Gah, that was suppose to me in that photo with your bloggin' friend - maybe I'll photoshop my face into her body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Ha, thanks!
      2. I didn't really see much parks, but I also wasn't looking. Wait, now that I think of it, when I went last year I did see lots of pretty parks. Yes, parks in Boston are wonderful. ;)
      3. Photoshop away if you want! hahaa She was so sweet though. Meeting the girls that we talk to online so frequently is the BEST!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...