Friday, April 27, 2012

bird IS the word

Not gonna lie, I went back n' forth for a hot minute trying to settle on a title for this post. I slept on it and decided I'd go with the first thing that flowed off my finger tips when I logged into Blogger again. (Yeah, I didn't realize I took post titles that serious either.) And so here we have "b-b-b-bird bird bird, b-b-bird is the word". These were my other cheesy choices:
~ "If you're a bird I'm a bird" (because I love The Notebook)
~ "Say I'm a bird" (same as above^)
~ "Birds of a feather..." (because it was just too easy)
~ "Fly high, free bird" (because "Free Bird" rules...and I'm a free bird, obvs)
Welp, at least I have options the next time I wear this demanding top. 
Blouse: F21//Shoes, belt: Ruche//Jeans: American Eagle//Headband: Target
Coat: Oasis//Bag: Thrifted//Mini: Vegas, baby
I really do think that in my other life I was a bird. I've always considered myself a wandering, unpredictable free spirit...a tumbleweed, planting bits of me (seeds) in every place I call home for a while. But I take away bits of past places with me, too - like the friendships, experiences and perception of the world from that temporary space. 
Picking up and making new homes has always been hard as far as saying goodbye, but I live for the excitement that comes with the feeling of brand new, like being the "new kid in town", exploring new territory, and simply starting over. It's a blend of the most raw emotions for me: I'm anxious, inspired, depressed, scared, rejuvenated, all at once with relocating. It's thrilling, but sometimes I wish that I could be happy in one place so I could spare myself the pain of more goodbyes. I wonder if I'll ever find a place that I want to settle down "forever"...just the thought of that immediately negates any possibility in my mind. But maybe that's just because, for the time being, I'm not ready to commit to a nest.  
Do I have any fellow free birds or tumble weeds out there? If so, maybe we should all get matching tattoos or something. ;) 
Have a lovely weekend, friends. 

21 comments:

  1. lol, um, hello! haha I consider myself more of a gypsy though, hence, "The Fabulous Gypsy". I do love that bag! And you look too cute. But as a friend that loves, eat a cheeseburger! you are looking too skinny these days, dear!

    -j.
    www.thefabulousgypsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, don't even go there because I can put money on the fact that I eat more cheeseburgers than you and probably every other girl that I'm friends with. I'm just small naturally, biotch! My momma was a size zero after she had all three of us kids and like a size 3 when she was prego. I'll be doing my "enough of girls criticizing each others bodies" post soonish, it's just funny that you said the one quote I'm sick of hearing! Luckily I know you're joking.
      And of course I know you're a fellow freebird. I had you in this post and must have deleted it by accident when I was doing my editing. Blah! We have our matching tattoos. :)

      Delete
    2. Very nice. I know you're small, it's just you're looking smaller. I just want you to be healthy, you know. And you probably do eat more cheeseburgers than I do! lol It may also just be that outfit.

      Delete
    3. The fact is that I've gained like 4 pounds though because I'm not exercising and eating crap. So I know for certain that I'm not smaller, it's definitely just the outfit. I eat way too much to be looking smaller than when I work out. And as far as "healthy", well I could be healthier if I worked out again and if I ate better, but as far as a healthy weight, I've never let myself get to an unhealthy weight when I was working out. I've always been in my bracket for my height. So I'm good, dude. I PROMISE. :)

      Delete
    4. I looked at the new post. It's this outfit, for sure.

      Delete
  2. You are too fuuny dear!! You know that I really like that blouse with the belt on???? And I also like that trench coat!!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, Francesca! I needed to wear a belt as the shirt billows out too much for my liking.
      And thank you, I got that coat for a nifty price at Oasis.com!

      Delete
  3. Love your shoes, blouse, print, bag...everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so weird to see you in jeans, I'm so use to seeing you in dresses. But those shoes Roni, those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, I rarely wear them. These shoes made it feel like I was dressed up. I love them! You should get a pair. They come in various colors (from Chelsea Crew).

      Delete
  5. Ha! I probably should take more time coming up with clever post titles - looking back on my last post I realized I had a typo - darn! Oh well. I feel the need to watch the notebook now. haha. That top is awesome paired with those shoes. I am not a tumbleweed but I would love to pack up and start over somewhere new. The only thing that holds me back is my mom. I get too nervous thinking about her being alone since my parents separated. I know it isn't my responsibility, but ...oh well. Ha - rambling. To make it short - I would love to live a bunch of places to eventually find my forever home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Post titles are so silly, don't even worry about it. I think yours are just fine. :) And hey, typos happen to the best of us. I'm always so worried about having them, but blah, if one slips I don't fret.
      Yeah, I totally understand not wanting to leave your mommy. I always wish that I could just move my mom wherever I go, but obviously she has the rest of our family to take care of, especially with new babies around. At least she'll always have them there and I can just pop in and visit whenever I have time. But if it were just me I'd definitely want her with me.
      I love how you and I both comment in paragraphs! haha We both have lots to say and that's not a bad thing! So, rambling is A-Okay.
      Thank you for the comment, Allison :)

      Delete
  6. Very nice outfil, check out my blog, if you like we can follow each other!!

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your ideas for the title of this post..I thought I was the only one who drove myself crazy trying to figure it out lol.. and I totally love your tumbleweed thoughts..that's exactly how I feel..I can't settle down in one place..once I figure out where my heart is then I know I'll want to be there forever..but really my heart is with my family so wherever we are together will always feel like home..although I really did fall in love with Florida..so in the end all roads will lead back there for me I know it..but in the mean time I wouldn't mind moving to Texas, California, Virginia, Georgia, anywhere really :) ..and Mel feels the same as me so I'm very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's my silly #bloggerproblems moment! :) Glad you have 'em, too. Makes me feel less ocd-ish.
      I know what you mean about family. I think when I have a family of my own someday, making a "home" will feel much different because I have them to think about. Maybe it'll come easier. I'm glad Mel is like you though. That's good. That way if y'all are feeling spontaneous ya'll can pick up and go together. Not like it'd be unexpected or out of character. That makes for an exciting life, I think.
      I think we should get some freebird/tumbleweed tatties! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...