Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Shepherd's Pie

I believe it was Monday when I sent Mikey a text message stating all the chores I did, that I didn't have to do that day. His exact response to my little list of accomplishments was, "You're the best!" Sure I did them because I was bored, but I let him know it because I was working my way to something: I wanted Shepherd's Pie. Perhaps some of you are familiar with the beef, corn, carrots, peas, mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese yumminess that is Shepherd's Pie. I think it's more of a Southern comfort food, so maybe not, but it's pretty damn amazing. However, y'all know I can't cook/refuse to cook, so that's where Mikey comes in. I conned him into making it for me once and he seemed to enjoy it, but his taste buds aren't up for debate either way. I've been craving this meal all week after, on Monday, he told me he'd make it for me on his day off, Wednesday...which is today. So I get home from school at 7 tonight and whaddya know? No Shepherd's Pie on the table. I proceeded to throw a tantrum of sorts and give him the silent treatment. Apparently he has some big Bio test tomorrow and studied his butt off all day. I gave him a "hmph" and started writing this blog. He's literally interrupted my typing three times now to give me kisses. He has tomorrow evening to redeem himself by fulfilling my craving. I'll let y'all know if I get my fix. I'm totally tweakin' out over here. 
This turned out to be one of my top favorite outfits I've posted on here. And the pieces are nothing new. In fact, I've had this blouse forever (two years) and have worn it about a couple dozen times; these velvet suspender shorts aren't that old but I've worn them just as much; the bowler hat just completes the look, in my opinion. 
My only white tank top was dirty so I didn't wear an undershirt (shame on me!!). Also, my only complaint with these shorts is no matter how much I lengthen the suspender straps, my crotchal region is still inappropriately outlined. Apologies for the risque attire. Other than that, it's cute.
just wanna show the details of the blouse, not the bra & stuff
Blouse: Ruche//Velvet suspender shorts: F21//Bowler hat: UO//Tights, flats: Target

Have a lovely night, friends!

Love,
Roni

***Update***I got my fix. :)

24 comments:

  1. Too cute! Little tip when wearing white - try a nude colored cami/bra underneath, it actually disappears under the white unlike a lot of white tanks that girls wear instead! I've finally started doing this and it has improved several of my outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tori! I actually do have a nude cami that I could've worn, just didn't really think to. Great tip! I'll remember it. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh you are so sweet! I am totally loving that blouse and the suspenders are giving a romantoc twist to the whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it does give a twist to an otherwise romantic outfit. Thanks for the comment, Francesca!

      Delete
  3. You two are so cute! Im glad you got your shepherds pie! That shirt is to die for by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hopefully I get the shepherd's pie today. He moved it to today after he gets home from school. :) And thanks!

      Delete
  4. So cute! That top is so frilly and fun! I am a sucker for any outfit containing suspenders! PS Mikey give that girl some pie! =D

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Thanks, Jessa. I am also such a sucker for adding suspenders to any outfit. I love a little tomboyish look. :)

      Delete
  5. Looking cute missy! I keep meaning to get myself a pair of suspenders but it always slips my mind. I must make a mental note to get me some cause they look adorbs on you! Shame on Mr. Mikey for not cooking HOWEVER as the cook in my family, if my husband gave me a dinner request, I would laugh in his face. So at least he didnt laugh at you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber. These suspenders came with the shorts, but we have another pair that we share and I got those at UO. UO always has cute suspenders on sale. Start there! :)
      Also, that last part made me LOL. Mikey is a good sport and lets me give his certain requests, but I don't always 'demand' them, so I play nice...sometimes. mwahaha

      Delete
  6. This is one of the cutest outfits ever :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is adorable, I love your hat!
    On a foody note my boyfriend makes THE BEST shepherds pie/ Oh now I feel i'm rubbing it in slightly that you didn't get to succumb to your craving... I'll ask him to post you some!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And hey don't worry, my hubby made me the shepherd's pie this evening!! Yay!! haha :)

      Delete
  8. lol at you and your labels for this post. the outfit reminds me yet again of Peter Pan. =)
    -j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol the last time you commented on me wearing this blouse you said I looked like Robin Hood! I just went to the comment now. hahaha And it's funny cause Mikey said I looked like Pinocchio when I wore this! I pretty much look like any male Disney character. And I'm TOTALLY okay with that. :D

      Delete
  9. Kind of hipster, kind of vintage, kind of in love! ;)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sitting up here LMAO at you giving Mikey a hard time! hahaha, poor Mikey!..but I'm glad he finally redeemed himself today :):) all's well that ends well :) << pretty sure all's is not proper grammar..hahaha...But girl now you have me wanting to try some of that shepherds pie for myself! I'm going to be keeping my eyes wide open for it next time I head down south; drool!...AND I love that outfit too!! Although you look adorable in SIMPLY everything you wear!! lol..I love the color of those suspenders and it goes very nicely with that ruffled top..and I of course noticed that hat straight away ;) as the one from our FUN shopping day out! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Glad you were entertained by our silly marital disputes, if you can call them that. :)
      Oh, there are leftovers. If I see you over the weekend it should still be good. Maybe. Maybe not. lol And "all's well that ends well" is right and typically you don't hear or see people say "all's" but it definitely works in this famous phrase! :) I wish you were able to come with to Boston, but I know you have way more important things keeping you here. We always have the summertime! And we should start planning out our next shopping date. Eh?? ;)))

      Delete
  11. Ahahaha, I am glad you got your fix. Mikey is so sweet to write that text and then eventually make the shepherds pie, haha. I used to love that growing up. My mom made it all the time. I gave up meat though...it's tough.

    Anywho, the outfit is super cute - risque or not :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! You know what shepherd's pie is?! That's so awesome! Not many people do and it's like I feel terribly sorry for them because it's so delish! Everyone should be familiar with it. haha
      And oh boy, I don't think I could ever give up meat, so kudos to you! For real. :)

      Oh, and thank you. Glad I didn't offend anyone with my attire. ;)

      Delete
  12. This is by far my favorite outfit you have worn….I feel silly, but I've never actually had Shepherd's pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Violet :)
      Don't feel silly. Look up the recipe and either have your hubby make it for you stat or whip it up yourself! You won't regret it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...