Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend with friends and/or family. Mikey and I spent the day with his dad's girlfriend's family, who I adore. There was a ton of food, and I had trouble hiding my food/wine baby by the end of the night; this dress is tiiiight.
Dress: Thirfted//Lace socks: American Apparel//Oxfords: ModCloth//Headband: Mommy
Left: Waiting to eat// Middle: Marilyn & I (we match!) // Right: Me & Jessie
Down in Texas, my family was celebrating an extra special Easter this year: it was my niece and nephew's first one. My brother and sister sent me the play-by-play of Makaila & Nathan enjoying egg hunts and tearing through Easter baskets all day long.
Makaila looked like a little angel, in my biased-Auntie opinion, and that picture of Nathan sitting in confetti cracks me up. A Mexican tradition that I miss at the Easter holiday is the weeks of prepping cascarones followed by the sneak attack of cracking said cascarones on the heads of unsuspecting family members. Never heard of cascarones? Just click on the link provided for a brief explanation. Basically, it's confetti-filled egg shells that you decorate on the outside and have mega-loads of fun trying to slam them on peoples heads without them catching you. Someone got Nathan up there. :)
Do y'all have any Easter traditions that you miss or still get to partake in? Feel free to share! 
Have a wonderful evening.

Love,
Roni

14 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good Easter! I totally feel you on the food baby, it was hard to conceal in my outfit as well, blech. I ended up getting to go home which I wasn't expecting so I was so happy to see my family and mister. Oh, and your niece and nephew are the cutest little things! Makes me smile. :)

    xo Tori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay! I'm glad your Easter was spent with family and your boyfriend. :)
      Thank you for the niece and nephew compliment!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, they did that down here this past weekend. I thought it was weird. I'd never heard of it before. Still think its weird, but to each his own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, "weird" is not the word. "Fun" is. But traditions usually are. :P

      Delete
  3. Such a cute pictures, and I'm glad to hear that you have a wonderfull Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I had totally forgotten about cascarones! I need to bring this tradition to my white in laws Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so do!! I think it's not even just a Mexican tradition as much as it is a southern and west coast thing. I know lots of white people and other races that do it, too! It's so much fun! I used to put olives and other food crap in mine to break on people's heads. lol

      Delete
  5. That dress was perfect for Easter and those babies are cuteness overload!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little neice and nephew are SO freaking cute!!!!! awwwww...they look like little twins! Soo adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! I am so in love with them. And lots of people say they look alike. I just don't see it since Nathan looks so Asian and Makaila doesn't. LOL!

      Delete
  7. That dress was such a great find and awesome for easter, you look so pretty! It sounds like you had a great day. Your niece and nephew are so cute. They must have had so much fun. Cascarones sound awesome! I would love that tradition. Growing up my mom would have an easter egg hunt in the house for my brother and I - the best part was finding the money egg. I always found it (being the older and quicker sibling I had a bit of an advantage) :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I miss money eggs!! And I think I'm going to bring the cascarones tradition back into my life. Just because I'm not living at home (or even with family) anymore doesn't mean I can't keep up traditions I was brought up with, with Mikey now.
      Thank you for the sweet comment, Allison. I hope your Easter, Japan trip...everything, has been going great!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...