Thursday, September 27, 2012

Friendly visits: team Vegas

Back in July a group of our old Vegas friends paid us a visit for four sweet days. The first night in town we took a necessary trip to Clash Bar and indulged in many martinis and s'mores vodka shots. That's right, s'mores flavor - it's amazing. So, here's Chappie, myself, T, and Kimmy or "the Asian invasion" as we are better known. I know it's cliche, and I'm not even Asian. They just deem me so.
The next day we went over to Justina's (who also flew into town) house for a bbq. She is another Vegas friend who is coincidentally from the city Mikey and I currently live. 
Another night, all but Justina and Mikey went out to Splash, a fabulous gay nightclub in New York City. It was a Sunday night and although it was pretty dead, we owned that dance floor and made the huge space our own personal playground till the lights came on.
Quite possibly my favorite picture of the night. 
Unisex bathrooms! T is the Hunter to my Jessica <3 (watch their videos) I'm not kidding, that is exactly how we talk to each other every time we're together. 
A cool picture Chappie took of my shoe
The last day was spent in New York City, walking through Central Park, Times Square, and eating street hot dogs. You know, the fun touristy stuff. Unfortunately, T flew home early that morning.
And with that, I'll leave you with two quotes that I couldn't stop thinking about after I separated from the military and reflected on what it brought to my life, what I find to be the most valuable gift:
~ "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." -A.A. Milne
~ "Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes." -Henry David Thoreau

14 comments:

  1. Your so lucky to have such great friends! My best friend flew out when I first moved out to the East Coast, but I haven't seen anyone since :( You guys look like you had so much fun! I haven't been to any gay clubs in New York or here in Jersey, but since were not single, we try to stay out of the club scene :) it's safer that way! haha I hope your having a good week!

    Xo,
    Eeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eeka. I am so blessed with the friends I have in my life. Unfortunately, none of my best best best friends live close enough to just pop in on anymore. Buut, I'm glad that two of them live within 1.5 - 3 hours away now. I miss them all sooo much, so when they come into town in small groups like this, we go all out! Lots of drunken nights. haha
      That was actually the first gay club I'd been to since moving to Jersey. When we first moved here my friend Chappie came out to visit me and her and I spent the better part of two hours of our night looking for one! All the gay clubs that were listed in my garmin or on google were closed down when we pulled up to them! It was crazy and such a let down. I'm glad we found this one in the city. At least I know there will be many there to check out.
      Thanks for the comment, girl!

      Delete
  2. I was about to say, wait what you're Asian, I thought we were Mexican soul sistas? But now I see that you are just an honoree (is that how you spell it?) member so that makes more sense. Your friends look like a blast. I would have totally torn up that dance floor with you guys if I could stay up past ten o'clock. I am so lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm forever getting accused of being Asian, dude. Like everyday. Even Mikey thought I was Asian for the first two months of us dating. Cray Cray. Yes, yes, an honoree. Good job. ;)
      Ahh, I'd MAKE you stay up past ten!

      Delete
  3. Looks like it was such a great time :D
    And your shoes are so interesting <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Minja! Ooh, I love those shoes. They are like architectural art for the feet!

      Delete
  4. Awe this is a sweet post!! I love all the pictures , especially the one of all u girls on the steps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. But my Chappie wasn't in that one so that's the only reason I haven't blown it up to frame it.
      Thanks, Sissy! xo

      Delete
  5. im going out tonight with my friends, so hopefully we'll have as much fun as y'all did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw your friends look like so much fun! Haha I don't understand why she is lying on the floor. What a cool dude. By the way you have the best hotdog eating face that I have ever seen. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have a blast with us! That's my friend Kimmy. She's completely nuts, but in a fun way. She decided to throw herself on the floor and plank, I guess. I obviously had to snap a photo.
      Hahaha "hot dog eating face" I love your comments.

      Delete
  7. How fun!! Hahaha that last photo at the club is priceless. I really want to try this s'more shot! Sounds yummy. The dress in the first photo is so pretty!! I want to play dress up with your closet :] It looks like you showed your friends a really good time. Alsoooo, those two quotes are also so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That photo always makes me laugh! Kimmy is cuhrazy!
      Omg, you should check and see if your local bar has it. IT's by Three Olives vodka. Sooo good!
      I promise that whenever we meet, if you come here, you can play dress up all you want in my closet! Pinky promise. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...