Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fall blues

It's raining a ton in Florida right now, and while I'd normally be in gloomy day heaven, I can't help but think, "this doesn't feel like Fall." It was hot as shit yesterday and the humidity destroyed my hair. I can barely get two whole days of dirty hair down here before my mane just looks yuck. There's no foliage; no purples, mustards or reds. I love palm trees and the beaches and all, but just not during my favorite season. I've spent the morning looking out the window, watching the rain fall and thinking of what the weather is like in New Jersey and New York right now. How there's sunlight during the day but it's chilly enough to require a jacket. I'm even yearning for the smell of a northeastern fall. The smell that never lasted quite long enough before the harsh winds of winter left marks on your cheeks and made your ears wanna cry. What I'm trying to say is, you shouldn't have back sweat stains on your shirt in October. And speaking of shouldn'ts, I know I shouldn't be complaining. I do remember how much griping I did every year when winter seemed to overstay its welcome (by months!), but it's funny how you can miss the things that irk you.
I'd give anything to be walking through Central Park right now, holding hands with Mikey and eating a pretzel, or walking down any of my old favorite pathways on FDU, heading to my next class while stopping to take pictures of the same mansion and the same towering trees, like I did just about every single day during my two and a half years there.

2 comments:

  1. Oh hun, at least you don't have Christmas during Summer. :P

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back Miss Roni! I agree - Florida has its own beauty but you can't beat the glorious foliage and fresh, cool fall air. And don't get me started on the hard, crunchy apples!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...